11 September 2008
Thursday afternoon
Yesterday was officially the first time I got to hold Eli! I just got home from visiting him again today. I could sit up there all day holding him in my arms but I had to force myself to come home. I took a few pictures of him for you all to see. I'm amazed every time I see how good he looks. He's like a completely different baby!
They started feeding him 5mLs of breast milk every 3 hours.
I would like to apologize for my husband's gross description of my mastitis troubles. I'm sure he could have spared the puss details. For those who were confused about what he was talking about, I got an infection in the breast (mastitis) that occurs often when a woman is nursing that results in blocked milk ducts. I took a series of antibiotics that cleared up the infection but I ended up getting an abscess where the milk ducts had been blocked. The abscess had to be drained which is what Aaron was talking about in his earlier post. I'm pretty much pain free now. I'm just a little scared for Aaron to pack the wound for me this weekend. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Such exciting times. He looks amazing. So glad that he is doing good. I think they look a ton alike. Sorry about the mastitis. That hurts, I know. I had it with my first. Although not as bad as your. Lets hope that the Lord is giving you all your trials together so that you can go without some for a while!!! Please call if I can do anything. The babies are precious!
shoot....give me a call....I'll come pack that wound for ya! Nursing school does that to ya....you just can't get enough of medical maladies!!! The bigger/badder/more pus the better! P.S.-I'm glad you are doing better, and I am SOOO happy that eli is sucking a bottle!!! YAY!!! Looks like he will be home sooner than we thought!!!
good luck! mastitis does not sound fun. Congrats on holding Eli. He looks so precious.
He is sooo cute!! He has the cutest lil lips ever!! I am so excited hes doing and hopefully will be able to come home soon and the four of you can start your new lives together!! I hope you are feeling better too because the way Aaron explained it sounds a little painful!! I hope it all clears up and you are doing better. I LOVE YOU!! :0) Amber
Congrats on getting to hold your little bundle! He is beutiful.
Hurray for Eli!! He looks so good and he's such a cutie! We are so glad to hear that he's doing so well right now, and that you're feeling better. Hope this weekend was well for you and your family!
Post a Comment