03 September 2008
Noah The Cutie and Eli the Fighter
Noah flunked his temperature test last night and it looks like he'll be staying in the NICU for a couple of more days. Right now Friday would be the earliest he could come home, but we'll wait and see how he does.
Eli has had another great day and continues to look better. He's almost down to seven lbs - he has about a pound and half left of swelling to lose still. The doctors are still not sure about the long term recovery implications of his underdeveloped lung vessels, but oxygen wise, today has been Eli's best yet with almost 24 hours of numbers above 100. We pray he will be able to continue his current trend.
Here's a couple of pictures of Noah today. Sure he looks cute, but he tried to get me with some explosive poo when I tried to change him. It took me until my fifth diaper to finally get him to stay clean.
He loves to touch his face while he sleeps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Ok...its official. The little guy knows what is going on, and refusing to have any of it! He will leave on his own terms!!! Not because they are telling him to! And it is definitely looking like he is wanting to not leave empty handed, but with brother in tow...They are definitely smarter than we give 'em credit for. As for avoiding the code brown...good for now, but don't think you are in the clear...it will happen eventually. Anyways...Glad to hear Eli is doing so well...we will continue to pray for them! Also, hope your mom is doing well. Let us know if you guys need anything!
Aaron and Amanda,
This is Katie Roderick (you took over our contract in the brown apts August 07). I just came across your blog today and want to tell you how beautiful your two little boys are (but you already know that). Tom and I will pray that Noah and especially Eli will continue to surpass all expectations and make it home to you soon. I hope Amanda is recovering well and that you are able to keep a clear mind for the whole situation. I look forward to hearing more about your strong babies in future posts.
-Katie
Eli's numbers are great news! Hopefully the lung vessels will never cause any trouble for him in the future. And Noah is super cute, especially with that ducky blanket. hopefully both boys will be released soon.I am excited to meet them.
We have been keeping up with your post and are so glad to hear all the improvements. We still pray that all will continue. Even my children remember your sweet babies in all of their prays and you know what the faith of a child can do. Please let us know if we can do anything.
Debbie Hyde
Way to go Eli!!! Sorry that Noah flunked his temp test, I think he really does want to stay with his bro for as long as possible! :) He is such a cutie, can't wait till we get to pics of Eli. Hope today goes as well as last night!
Aaron and Amanda, I am Erin Carlson's Sister and she has been keeping me updated on your family, until she pointeed me to your blog. I just wanted to let you know that our family is keeping yours in our prayers. Even my 2 yr old, Andrew said "bless the babies to get better" in his prayer this morning. (They are quite enamored by someone having 2 babies--they love babies) I hope to meet you all on a future trip to Kentucky. Love, Erica Snow
Hi, I'm Aaron's cousin Joanna (Becky's daughter), and I met you both when you were still engaged. Leslie and my mom told me about Noah and Eli's births, and I know you already have a million people fasting and praying for you, but I wanted to let you know you have one more. My heart goes out to you guys and your sons, and, for what it's worth, I've been mustering up the best of my faith in prayer and fasting for your family.
Love, Joanna
Post a Comment