26 August 2008
Quick Update
Last night was not a good night. I'm on a quick break from the children's hospital and so I thought I'd let everyone know how Eli's doing. Late last night Eli's stats starting going down pretty quick. His pO2 (the oxygen in his blood) dropped in half and along with the drop returned the acidosis of his blood. They've since raised all his meds again and upped his ventilator settings and have been able to stabilize him. He's doing all right now but unfortunately not nearly as good as yesterday. They're going to check his heart again and try to keep his blood pressure up with the meds. The doctors said that with PPHN (persistent pulmonary hypertension) slight changes can set him off and apparently his blood pressure got a little too low and that caused his numbers to deteriorate. Just so you know, Eli is looking OK right now, but is obviously still in a very delicate state. He's gained almost 4 lbs since birth in fluids that have made him very very swollen. The doctor's hope that with his BP up that he will pee more and his swelling will go down. Please continue to keep him in your prayers as he needs all the help he can get.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This is Rachel Brown from your ward in Provo--just wanted to let you know that Jeff and I are thinking of you and we'll be praying for your boys. They're absolutely beautiful babies. We'll pray for all of you!
Amanda and Aaron,
Your father just forwarded me the link to this blog. I heard on Friday about the condition of your two beautiful additions and I promise you and they were and continue to be in my thoughts.
While reading through the postings that the two of you have made, I must say that I don't believe Noah and Eli could have as good a chance with anyone as they do with the two of you. It's so obvious that the Doctors and Surgeons are very intelligent and incredibly determined to care for your Sons. What is even more obvious, though, is that the two of you are some of the most incredible new parents I have ever heard of.
With concerned, informed and determined parents like the two of you, and clearly an excellant staff of physicians who are intent on seeing your twins to health, I have little doubt that the outcome will be excellant. I'm convinced that in a short time you'll be through this rough spot.
God Bless,
Ben Bawkon (bbawkon@malibutech.com)
WE just found out the twins were here! Congratulations!!!
This is Bill Wilcoxsons brother Gaylon and wife Nancy. Darlene sent us this link to your blog.
WE want you to know you are in our thoughts and prayers for the health of your boys. With Gods help, your love for Eli and Noah, and all the prayers, may these wonderful dedicated Doctors see them through to health.
We heard Joanie was in here in Ky with you. Tell her hello and congratulations and we are thinking of her and Mark as well.
May one day we can all get together and enjoy these little guys with you all!
Gaylon and Nancy Wilcoxson
Post a Comment