Noah Michael and Eli Adriel were born on August 21st at 6:00 and 6:01pm. At birth, Noah weighed 5lbs 10oz and Eli weighed 5lbs 5oz. They both measured 19 inches long. Both babies have had a few complications. Noah was just placed in the NICU at St. Joseph East because of fast respirations and difficulty eating. He is doing great though and they are just making sure he starts eating better and are waiting for his breathing to slow down a bit.
Eli has had a tough time. He was born with a congenital defect known as esophageal atresia and tracheoesophageal fistula - this is a condition where his esophagus connects to his windpipe instead of to his stomach. He was transferred to the University of Kentucky's NICU last night after he was born since they are better equipped to handle conditions such as his. He underwent surgery this evening and everything went well. They were able remove the connection between his esophagus and trachea and connect his esophagus to his stomach. Now we just need to give him some time to recover.
Aaron has been spending lots of time with Eli over at UK since I am still in another hospital with Noah. If all goes well, I will be discharged tomorrow morning. Noah will most likely be transferred over to UK so that both boys are in the same place.
Here are a few pictures of my beautiful boys. Please remember to keep them in your prayers.
Noah Michael Duke

Eli Adriel Duke
9 comments:
Oh, Amanda! Congratulations! They are both so gorgeous! I'm sorry to hear about their complications. We'll be sure to keep you all in our prayers. Keep us updated as much as you can:) How are you doing?
Congratulations to both of you! They are beautiful!
Amanda and Aaron,
Congratulations on the birth of your two beautiful boys. They sure do look alike. We are keeping all of you in our prayers as the boys recover from their difficulties and you and Aaron try to be with both of them. I am glad they are going to put them together. They say that twins always do better when they are together. Rachaelle is very happy they are sharing her birthday. Again, congratulations and now all the fun begins.
All our love and prayers,
Aunt Kim and Uncle Gary
Congrats! They are both so handsome! We will be praying for all of you- keep the pictures coming!
Congratulations! They really are two good looking babies. I do hope that you can take your boys home soon. Our hearts are with you!
Wow! They are so good looking! And I love their names. We will definitely keep you all in our prayers.
We are thrilled to hear that the boys have arrived! Both of them (and the two of you) are in our prayers, I have enlisted my local prayer circle to add them also. Welcome to parenthood! We look forward to meeting them next time you come to visit Mom & Dad!
They are so adorable!! Congratulations you guys! I'm glad to hear that they are both doing better and that they will be back in the same place soon. I'm glad I found your blog to, well, I guess it wasn't too hard since you posted the link on your facebook! :)
Good luck with everything and you all are deffinitly in our prayers!
Amanda,
I got your blog from Melanie's blog and I just wanted to say hi! And also congratulations for your two little boy. They are so handsome! I'll keep you guys in my prayer!
Post a Comment