Sarah Joan Duke was born yesterday (2/22/11) at 9:33am. I had a scheduled c-section which was such an interesting experience. I woke up at 6am and got all my stuff together to head to the hospital. I woke Aaron up by saying, "Aaron, get up. We're going to go have a baby."
We checked in at the hospital at 7:15am and went into the pre-op room where they hooked up my IV and all that good stuff. I headed back to the operating room around 9:20, the surgery officially began at 9:28, and she was out by 9:33. She was actually crying before she was completely out of my abdomen. After holding her for about a minute Aaron followed her to the nursery while I got stitched up. They brought her to me in the recovery room and she nursed right away and has been nursing great since. She is the cutest little thing with dark, fuzzy hair and gray eyes. She likes to stretch her legs out which is what she liked to do in-utero as well - I always had a foot jabbing out of my right side.
7lbs. - 18 1/4in. long
Minutes after being born.
Mommy meeting Sarah for the first time.
I love her tiny baby feet!
Hanging out on Mommy's lap.
She refused to wake up to nurse so I just cuddled with her for awhile.
She is a little jaundiced so when she is not eating she has to spend her time under the lights. They hope to bring her numbers down quick so that she can go home when I go home which will hopefully be sometime on Friday.
She is just perfect though. Our little princess!
14 comments:
She's beautiful!! Congrats!
She's perfect! So much hair and those lips are to die for! I hope the recovery is quick and you get plenty of time with just you and the baby! congrats!
she is so beautiful!! Axl's eyes were grey when he was born and they are a beautiful brown now--maybe so for your little beauty :) Congratulations!
Just beautiful, Amanda! Congrats!
She is so precious! congratulations!
She is such a perfect little baby! A scheduled C section sounds like the way to go! ;) So glad it was a good experience.
She is so adorable! I saw aww-ing looking at these photos. she is so precious :) CONGRATS!! love you!
What a fuzzy-haired little beauty! Congratulations! She looks very snuggly!
Congrats!! She's adorable!
Awww she is so cute and sweet! Congrats! Hope you recover quickly.
So sweet!!! I love the second to last picture of her. What a beauty! Congratulations! I hope that things are going okay. If you need somebody to take your boys, give me a call.
I am so excited for you :) Have the boys seen her yet? They are big brothers now... is that just crazy! I'll be thinking about y'all :)
Oh she is so cute ... Auntie Dar wanted to be there (but was haulted by my mom's funeral, but hopefully one weekend here we'll come down for a visit. I had one of 3 names that I thought you'd pick! Congrats to both you and Aaron, and big brothers too !!! Love and Miss you's
Congratulations! She is so beautiful, unlike other squishy, swollen newborns. (I guess that's one great benefit to c-sections).
Post a Comment