Aaron and my roommates threw me a birthday party. We got a little crazy with the silly string.
Monday, February 7, 2006 I was feeling under the weather. I was getting a cold. Aaron had made tentative plans to stop by my apartment to use my roommate's VCR. I wasn't sure if he was going to show but he did. Aaron and his friends used to make videos for fun. Most of them were really stupid but also really funny. He needed to use a VCR to convert some of the old videos to electronic files. We watched one of the videos that night - I think it was one he and Ben made for one of Ben's Spanish classes. It was silly. We talked for awhile and then he left. It was a little weird when he left because he hadn't asked me out again and we actually had a fun time together. A couple minutes later Aaron came back and knocked on the door. He wanted to take me out to dinner for some soup since I wasn't feeling well. I quickly changed my clothes and we were off. We drove around forever looking for a place that we could get some chicken noodle soup. We ended up at Denny's in Orem.
Throughout the rest of the week we both made up excuses to stop by and see each other. One night Aaron stopped by just to say hi before he left for a run. Another time I stopped by his apartment because I "needed" batteries. The big question on my mind all week was if he would invite me to "fort night" at his apartment that Friday. Aaron and his roommates had a tradition of building a fort in their living room with their dates and watching a movie every fort night (every 2 weeks). On Thursday Aaron asked me to come to fort night.
This was taken at Mike's mission farewell at Aaron's parent's house in Washington. He had just proposed to me the night before at the Seattle Space Needle.
Friday, February 11, 2006 I was excited and nervous for fort night. I got home from class and got ready to leave. I think I was ready by like 7 o'clock or something. Aaron had never really told me what time to be ready by, he just said he would come by and get me when he was done with class. I don't think I saw him until about 8:30 and I was sort of frustrated. I guess they always did fort night late but Aaron neglected to fill me in on that detail :) I honestly don't remember what movie we watched. Ben was there with a date. And another one of their friends, Mitch, that they grew up with came with a date, Emilie (they ended up getting married as well). We didn't really build a fort. Mitch brought a tent and we pitched it in their living room. We put a mattress in the tent and all crammed in to watch the movie.
Aaron and I drove to Washington that year for his family reunion. We took some time to drive to the Pacific Ocean. This was my first time seeing the Pacific.
Saturday, February 12, 2006 I stopped by Aaron's apartment early in the day to say hi. He seemed surprised but happy to see me. He ended up asking me to hang out again that night. I was excited he asked since that was really why I had stopped by his apartment. We decided just to stay at his apartment and watch another movie. The tent was still up so we got cozy in the tent and watched a movie, The Corpse Bride. He held my hand that night for the first time and I was happy he did.
We drove to Washington another time that summer, in August, for Katie (Aaron's sister) and Bryan's wedding. We stopped at this pretty waterfall in Oregon on the way.
Our relationship progressed quickly after that. We saw each other pretty much every day until he proposed in April.
We were married in the Detroit Temple on August 24, 2006. This is at our reception the following night. We had a ring ceremony for all my family that wasn't able to attend the sealing in the temple.

P.S. While writing this post, Eli got a permanent marker off the top of the fridge (yes, I said TOP of the fridge) and drew all over the front of my microwave. Noah has been putting alphabet magnets in my pop can and needs a new diaper because he stinks. Oh how things change in 5 years :)



1 comment:
such a cute story, thanks for posting it! The fort night thing made me laugh. I may have to steal your idea cause I like it so much. What a good month to do it in too. :)
Post a Comment