21 February 2011
ER
We woke up on Wednesday and everything seemed fine. I changed the boys diapers in the morning like I always do and noticed a little diarrhea in Eli's diaper. I didn't think much of it and we continued on with out day. He was acting completely fine and having a blast playing outside with Noah. Unfortunately the diarrhea continued throughout the afternoon and by 7pm I decided it was time to take him to the ER for some fluids (dehydration can be very hard on the kidneys so it was mostly precautionary). We waited in the waiting room forever and were finally called back to a room with a crib around 10 I think. We then saw a resident who said he would order some fluids and check his most recent labs (from a couple weeks ago) which were good. We then waited some more for the nurses to come hook up his IV. Eli hurried them along when he all the sudden grabbed his stomach, said, "Ow!" and started crying. I knew it was coming. He vomited all over the bed. The nurse came in and cleaned it up and they got the IV fluids going and gave him saw medication for the nausea. He finally fell asleep a little after 11 and we were home by 1am. It was definitely a long night, but it was all worth it since he was back to his normal self the next day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment