08 October 2010

Being brave

I have been extra brave lately and have started taking the boys out on fun activities during the day by myself. For instance, we've gone to story time at the library a couple of times with no major mishaps. Although when we went last Friday I almost lost Noah but I didn't so it was OK. A few weeks ago I braved taking the boys to the playgroup at Evan's Orchard. I really don't know what I was thinking trying to do that by myself. It's a lot of fun to go and we went not too long ago when my dad was in town but it's just such a big place. It was all good until a wagon full of kids got back from a hay ride and bombarded the play area. It was impossible for me to keep track of both kids amongst all the chaos.

Well despite my bad experience at Evan's Orchard, yesterday I thought it would be fun to go to Boyd's Orchard so the boys could play and we could get some pumpkins. Boyd's is actually quite smaller than Evan's Orchard so it wasn't as hard to keep track of the boys. It was just as busy with all the field trips but I was better prepared this time. We ended up having a lot of fun despite one incident when I was standing in line to buy food and Eli grabbed an apple out of a barrel and started chowing down on it. Luckily when I told them about it they just shrugged it off and said, "Accidents happen!"

Noah with all the pumpkins.
 Eli trying to figure out how to get down.
 They just got their hair cut by me that morning.
 Ready to slide down the tube. Noah is trying to push Eli out of his way.
 Eli enjoying some chips and cider. I love those big blue eyes!
 Noah looking smug. Probably getting ready to make an escape no doubt.

1 comment:

Tyler and JoAnna Hamilton said...

I'm impressed! You're wonder woman!