26 October 2010

Decorating the nursery

I received the crib bedding in the mail last week so I was able to paint the nursery to match this week. As you'll see in the pictures, the wall on the left (with the dresser) is brown, then two walls are light pink, and the last wall, the one with the desk, is cream colored. It turned out really cute. I plan on hanging the quilt that came with the bedding set on the brown wall above the dresser. I also plan on putting a changing pad on top of the dresser so I can use it as a changing table. The little wire chair was my mother-in-laws and she didn't plan on moving it here because it was cheap but I made sure it made the trip so I could put it in the nursery. It was white and rusty so I sanded it down and spray painted it pink. It has cute little leaves and owls on it. I obviously still need to get some curtains and then find some cute things to hang on the walls. I might also have to do some rearranging because I plan on getting some sort of rocking chair or glider. If anyone has one they don't need anymore please let me know.

5 comments:

Joy said...

I love the pink and brown combination! You did a fantastic job with all of the painting and picking the bedding!

Lora said...

Brynlee's nursery was pink and brown. I love those colors together! The paint looks great!

Tyler and JoAnna Hamilton said...

It's looking GREAT!!

Amber said...

Adorable! Great work; I love the color combo and bedding.

Jenna and Drew said...

Nice job on the nursery! I love the bunnies!