14 October 2010

The verdict

It's a GIRL! I've been daydreaming of cute dresses and a girly nursery since I found out I was pregnant. I'm super excited to be adding a little girl to our family. We definitely need a little bit more estrogen in this house :)


She was very active throughout the ultrasound. We could probably contribute most of the movement to the Diet Coke I drank on my way to the appointment. It was fun feeling her kick and actually seeing it on the screen at the same time. Most of the time she was folded in half with her feet up by her face. I think she was actually kicking herself in the head. Wouldn't it be nice to be so limber? The tech had a hard time getting good pictures of her heart because her legs (which were folded up above her chest) kept casting shadows in the way. I actually have to go back on Monday before I go to the OB so she can get one last picture that she just couldn't get today. At least I get to see her again though! She was measuring exactly 20 weeks today and 12 ounces. She appears completely normal and healthy.

I am now going to go and order the cutest crib bedding set - I absolutely love it! Some of the stuff out there is just way to frilly, even for me, and that's saying a lot! I love the pink and brown in this set and think the bunny is absolutely adorable.

Complete Nursery

5 comments:

Katie Rod said...

That is so exciting!!! Little girls are so fun and you'll love all the dresses, bows and frilly things.

Melanie said...

A girl!!! Congratulations! Girls are so fun- the clothes, the hair bows, the dress ups! You will love it!

Joy said...

I'm so happy for you! Glad to hear that all is well and you'll have a little doll to dress up soon!

Marissa Noe said...

I am so excited for you!!! That's going to be so fun!

Auntie Dar said...

Who's excited !!! Auntie Dar is ... already looking for cute girly things. Well if B is for bunny, is the name gonna start with "B" ???