This past weekend Pat and Deb went to Washington, D.C. so it was just our little family for a few days. On Friday night we decided to go to Boyd's Orchard so the boys could run out some of their energy. Unfortunately, we didn't realize they closed at 6 and we got there at 6:30. Total bummer! We had promised the boys donuts so they were pretty upset that we had to turn around without getting donuts. So we stopped at the nearest gas station and picked up some donuts and then headed to the park.
Eli checked out the baseball field while Noah had his pants changed.
Sarah and Daddy.
Eli swinging.
Noah makes goofy faces whenever I take pictures of him.
They are really good climbers.
Noah had to use the potty first so we walked all the way to the other side of the park to the bathroom just so Noah could pee his pants just outside of the bathroom. We changed his pants and started the long walk back to the playground. We actually had a couple more potty incidents but the boys had fun playing so I guess it was worth it. It seems we don't have any problems with using the potty until we try to go out in public and then everything falls apart. Oh well!This is the Mei Tai I made last week. It is pretty comfy. It distributes the weight like the Moby Wrap but it is a little bit easier to put on. I used this tutorial.
The big flap (hood) hanging down under her head can be tied up when she falls asleep so her head doesn't droop. It's nice to block out the sun or rain too.
Back view. The shoulder straps are padded for comfort. The part that goes around my waist is also padded in the front and hips. You can see that better in the picture above.
5 comments:
Wow, great job on the wrap thing! It looks so complicated. Good for you!
Yeah, my mei tai wasn't as nice as that. That looks really nicely done... I can't believe it is hand made! You did an excellent job!
With mine, the top shoulder straps went out to the side more, not up or on an angle. So when I tied them up, the back would pooch out and I think it didn't support high enough up. So it supported kenny at the lower back, so he just fell backwards out of it. It also seemed to short. He would have fallen out backwards if I used mine. And it also didn't have a hood. That looks like a really nice carrier. Very girlie though!
And accidents happen. At least Noah told you he had to go to the bathroom... they are better than they were a year ago, and a year from now it might even be perfected! These kids grow up way too fast.
an awsome idea they didn't have those back in the day. You did an excellent job, so cute. And yes the accident things will happen, you just always be prepared. especially when you're in a store (about to check out in a long line) or stop on a trip (do you have to go)... no ... 15 minutes later ... I have to go now. Oh how I miss those days ;) Can't believe how big Noah and Eli are getting so mobile now, and Sarah has such big gorgeous eyes like her mom!!!
You have some major skills!
That is freaking awesome...and I will PAY you to make one for me!!!! So jealous!
Post a Comment