30 January 2011

Deb's birthday

Deb's birthday was last Sunday, the 23rd (yeah I know I'm behind). We all tried to make it a special day for her with presents and birthday cake. Believe it or not, Aaron made the cake (German chocolate) all by himself and it turned out perfect. He even iced and decorated it with 51, I mean 29, candles :)

Mike and Aaron lighting the candles with blow torches.

 Noah helped Grandma open all her presents. Pat got her attachments for her kitchen aid mixer, Mike got her the Mixer Bible cookbook, and Aaron and the boys got her an apron since the boys insist on "helping" her cook.

 I started a quilt for her before the boys were even born. I actually bought all the material in Provo when we still lived there. I finally finished it just in time for her birthday. Noah loved it just as much as Deb did and had to wrap himself up in it and run around with it on.

 Here it is! Probably my best quilt yet.

3 comments:

Nae said...

LOVE the quilt! you will have to teach me how to quilt.

Auntie Dar said...

the quilt is beautiful ... just like you

John and Erin said...

AMAZING! I remember seeing those pieces scattered around...the finished project is awesome. I'm so jealous that you have the patience and talent to do that...seriously...