09 January 2011

Bowling

We took the boys bowling for the first time on Friday and they absolutely loved it. Uncle Mike came along with us, which was good because we definitely needed the extra set of hands. The lightest balls we found were 8 pounds and we had two of them. The boy that was on deck hardly ever had enough patience to wait for his brother to finish his turn, so we'd always catch one of them hobbling up to the lane with the giant 8- pound ball. You really had to keep an eye on them because they weren't quite strong enough to lift the ball up onto the ramp, but they would try nonetheless. In the end Eli got a 75 and Noah got a 97! Granted they had the handicap ramp and bumpers, but, still, that's pretty good for a first time!

 Noah was up first.
 I absolutely LOVE the look on their faces, especially Noah's. He just looks so mesmerized watching that ball roll down the lane! 
 Eli's turn! I could barely get him to wait to push the ball so I could snap a picture.
 Eli giggled and pointed and shouted, "Ball!" every time he had a turn.

3 comments:

Jenna and Drew said...

When you look at the picture of mike next his dad on the stairs, their smiles look exactly the same, Kinda crooked. words by your commentator Drew.

Amber said...

So fun! Your boys are better bowlers than I am!

Tyler and JoAnna Hamilton said...

this is awesome!! If you go again, I'd love to come with and bring Axl!!