Saturday night brings us back to my previous post about all our car woes. Since being home we really haven't been up to much. Aaron's as busy as ever with school. He proposed his thesis on Wednesday which went very well. If all goes as planned, he should be defending it within the next month after which he will receive his master's degree. I've been working out in the garden which I absolutely love. My flowers are all coming in very nicely and I can't wait to see the rest of the bulbs I've planted this Spring start to pop out of the ground. The boys have loved playing outside all week. I'm pretty sure it is their favorite thing to do.
27 March 2010
Updates
I guess I'll start with what we did in Michigan. The first couple of days were pretty uneventful. I think the most exciting thing that happened is that Eli tripped over the cord to the shop-vac while we were playing outside and got a pretty good goose egg smack dab in the middle of his forehead. He only cried for a couple of minutes though, hopped out of my lap, and ran over to a couple of beanie babies that were laying on the floor and started laughing.
It looks bad but he didn't seem to care. If anything, it made it easier for everyone to tell them apart.
On Wednesday we had plans to go over to Billy and Angie's for St. Patrick's Day dinner. While we were waiting for Brenda to get to my dad's house so we could leave, I noticed Noah was running a pretty decent fever. So I sent my dad and Brenda on their way and took the boys to the pediatric after hours clinic at Beaumont Hospital. Turns out they both had ear infections, but Noah had it the worst with one in each ear. We are just now finishing up their antibiotics today.
Aaron arrived in Michigan around 3:30am Thursday morning. After some much needed rest we went to LaVida for a one hour couple's massage. It pays to be the daughter of the owner :) Friday was the big grand opening of the massage center. My dad had invited the mayor to come and she cut the ribbon. They had a string quartet playing music and all of the rooms were set-up as massage stations (one room for shoulders, one for hands and feet, etc.) so you could walk through and get sample massages. They had tons of delicious food and cake. And to top if off, one of the therapist is a fire dancer so her and a friend put on a quick little show for everyone who cared to watch. After the grand opening my dad had a bbq at his house with friends and family. It was a long day but we had lots of fun.
My Aunt Lucy scored tickets to the Shrine Circus and gave them to us to enjoy. So that's what we did Saturday morning. I don't ever remember going to a circus before so it was a neat experience. Unfortunately we had to leave during intermission because of 2 very crabby, tired children. Of the circus experience, I think the boys enjoyed their cotton candy the most.
Noah enjoying some cotton candy. I think his dad likes it too :)
Eli in his Tigger sweatshirt doing his favorite thing: playing outside!
Noah has started some difficult behaviors lately. This is a picture right before he shoved Eli to the ground. He also likes to just walk over to Eli and hit him in the head. Eli doesn't seem to mind as he usually just laughs about it. It bothers me though.
And our biggest excitement of the week: Aaron's parents are going to be our new neighbors! They bought the house 2 doors down from us and we can't wait for them to come out. It's a HUD house so they got it for a very reasonable price (cheaper than we paid for ours and they will have a garage and a basement!). We will definitely be putting some work into it. It needs a completely new kitchen and then just some TLC everywhere else. We are very excited about this new adventure and couldn't be more happy that the boys will really get to spend some quality time with their grandparents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sounds like you all have been having so much fun! We need to get together for a play date soon!
It will be so nice to have grandma and grandpa as neighbors!
WOW! What a goose Egg! Poor kid. It is so funny how they are sad for a minute and then get distracted and forget all about it. Silly kids! And HOW EXCITING that the grandparents are moving so close! I'm sure you will all love it! We are looking forward to moving closer to our parents as well. Glad things are going well! And thanks for the tips! :)
I'm seriously so excited about Deb and Pat moving here!!!! That is going to be so much fun!!! Can't wait to finally meet Shadow!
Also, those tigger sweatshirts are ADORABLE!!! Abby needs a Pooh one!
Sounds like an eventful vacation! Glad you got to visit with family and that Aaron's parents will be closer.
Post a Comment