We had a good day today. We started off by going to the doc just to make sure the ear infections were 100% better, which they are. I was pretty proud when I found out Eli weighs less than a pound less than Noah (Eli was 24.2lbs and Noah was 25lbs). That is just so exciting to me because at one point Noah was over 3 pounds bigger than Eli so he has really done a lot of growing!
During nap time I went outside and finished planting all the annuals I bought and some miscellaneous bulbs. After the boys woke up we went and visited Erin and Abby, who are finally home from the hospital. I was so nervous with the boys playing around her since they've never even seen a baby before but they were gentle with her for the most part. Once we got home the boys ran around like wild men in the backyard. I found some sunflower seeds that were given to me and decided I should find a place to plant them while the boys played. They were intrigued watching me dig in the dirt so I pulled out their sand toys. They had a blast digging in the dirt. I had to laugh when I saw Noah shoveling dirt into his bucket and then "drink" out of it. What a mess!
After playing outside we came in and cleaned up and I got dinner ready. I have to say, I think the boys enjoyed it. They are learning to feed themselves so dinner can get pretty messy as you can see. I probably shouldn't have bathed them before dinner...
Love the pictures. You have such adorable boys!!! And I know this must be a hard time of year for you. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of cancer did your mom have? It has been such a frustrating experience for me to see someone that I love so much and who does so much good in the world to have to endure something as awful as cancer!! My mom has a rare breast cancer that is extremely aggressive, so all of us (including she) are starting to realize that we may only have a few years (I hope!) with my mom left. It's been weird to have those kinds of conversations with my mom. Anyway, I know that life does go on and thankfully kids keep us busy and always laughing, right??
Im so glad they were able to get clean bills of health and come visit Abby!!! They did really well with her when they actually paid attention to her!!! Otherwise they could have cared less that she was even in the room! Too cute!!! Im sad I didnt get any pictures of their first visit! We will have to re-enact it soon!!!
Got to love the sand tools, glad they are using them .... and got to love sketti time, always a good time. Look at those teeth, now those are scary !! Watch out big brother ...here he comes .. good to here, it's amazing.
5 comments:
Isn't dinnertime fun??? Axl looks like this a lot lately...marinara is his FAVORITE!
Love these pictures!! And I totally agree, no matter now much I clean my kid he always gets dirty again. But they look so cute that way!
Love the pictures. You have such adorable boys!!! And I know this must be a hard time of year for you. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of cancer did your mom have? It has been such a frustrating experience for me to see someone that I love so much and who does so much good in the world to have to endure something as awful as cancer!! My mom has a rare breast cancer that is extremely aggressive, so all of us (including she) are starting to realize that we may only have a few years (I hope!) with my mom left. It's been weird to have those kinds of conversations with my mom. Anyway, I know that life does go on and thankfully kids keep us busy and always laughing, right??
Im so glad they were able to get clean bills of health and come visit Abby!!! They did really well with her when they actually paid attention to her!!! Otherwise they could have cared less that she was even in the room! Too cute!!! Im sad I didnt get any pictures of their first visit! We will have to re-enact it soon!!!
Got to love the sand tools, glad they are using them .... and got to love sketti time, always a good time. Look at those teeth, now those are scary !! Watch out big brother ...here he comes .. good to here, it's amazing.
Post a Comment