21 October 2008
Eating and keeping it down
Feeding these little guys can be quite the challenge. Both of them eat every 3-4 hours and it usually takes at least a half hour. Sometimes it can take Eli over an hour to take his whole bottle. Then keeping the bottle down is another task. Inevitably, they both get the hiccups after eating and milk just leaks out of their mouths with the first few hiccups. Then there are the times when its more than just spit-up. On several occasions Eli has emptied his stomach as milk pours out of his mouth and nose. But Noah is the one who throws-up. It will completely arch over his body and hit the nearest bystander. Today, I was the unlucky one. He had a look on his face like he might throw up. So I thought that maybe he would be ok if I held him up right. I put him on my shoulder and out it came. It ricocheted off my shoulder and splattered me in the face. Aaron found it hilarious when I turned my head and he saw the throw up dripping out of my eye and off of my nose. I on the other hand found less humor and more gross in the situation. I hope that this will be the first and last time that one of my children pukes in my face.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh my goodness! This reminds me of Jordan playing with Julie Beth, no matter how many times you tell someone not to play, she just ate, they think they are just fine. Well there he was one day, lifting her up over his head when out came the bottle she just ate! I laughed so hard as I wiped his entire face. I still regret not getting a picture first.
hmmm....it might not be the last time. ;)
Yikes! That is not a pretty picture. Happy two month birthday, boys! And thank you so much for the adorable announcement!
Oh the joys of motherhood. Sadly, it won't be the last time you'll be defiled as a mother. Good luck!
Post a Comment