18 August 2011

Girly vacation

Last weekend Sarah and I took a mini vacation and headed up to Michigan to visit my family. We drove up on Thursday (August 11th) and came back home on Sunday (August 14th). The drive up was rather unpleasant - Sarah cried a good 4 hours of the 6 hour drive. She has never liked her carseat very much. We drove straight to my Aunt Lucy's house to visit with family. My cousin Rachaelle was there, home from Washington state for a visit. I also got to see my cousin Johnny who I haven't seen in a couple of years. My dad was pretty excited to see Sarah, maybe too excited, because she cried as soon as she saw him. She was just so tired and it was pretty late. I thought she would be better the next day but she still cried whenever she looked at him. She liked him by Saturday though.

Sarah and her Papa Sunday morning. I told you she warmed up to him :)
On Friday I took Sarah to a girl's house that does pictures in her basement. We got some professional pictures taken which are adorable. I can't wait to see more. Go here if you want to see a sneak peek (password is "sarah"). After pictures we went to Billy and Angie's house to hang out with Aunt Angie and cousin Kenny for the day. That evening we went to Woodward to watch the cars since it was the weekend before the Dream Cruise. Bill and Dar came to town and joined us for dinner at the Redcoat Tavern.

Aunt Dar and Uncle Bill with their "grandkids." They want grandkids of their own so bad!
 Uncle Bill and Kenny walking up and down Woodward. Bill was looking at the cars. Kenny was looking for flags (he loves flags!).
 Me with my dad and Sarah waiting outside of Redcoat Tavern on Woodward. We all drove in the convertibles. My dad has a '66 Chevy Impala SS and Uncle Bill has a '67. It took us forever to get the carseats in those old cars but we made it work.
Saturday morning Sarah and I met my aunts (mom's sisters) for breakfast at Big Boy. They have never met Sarah before so it was nice to get together with them. After breakfast I headed to Ferndale to check out a local cloth diaper store, Modern Natural Baby. I could have spent hours there but forced myself to leave. My friend Amber met me at my dad's house and we visited for a couple hours. That night we went to a birthday party at my Aunt Kim's house. I have to say the best thing about the party was the delicious cupcakes. Seriously they were the best I have ever had!

Cousins Kenny and Sarah playing outside waiting to go to Woodward.
My dad and his girlfriend Brenda are in the process of moving in together. They plan on getting a house of their own together within the next 6 months or so but for now she is moving in to his house. That means they have been purging a lot of my mom's stuff. So Sunday morning we spent going through all my mom's Longaberger dishes and I had to decide what I wanted to take. Then we had to clean out the hutch so I could bring it home with me. When I was younger my mom got a table and hutch from a friend and she stripped it and stained it herself. These two pieces of furniture are very sentimental to me and Billy. I ended up taking the hutch and it is now in my kitchen and my brother is taking the table.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I found your blog re: "Blowout City" when searching for pictures of leaker poops. I am the inventor/mom-preneur of Baby Band. A new product to stop explosive blowouts from ruining clothing and outings. I would love to use your photograph of your daughter's "accident" in my advertising and marketing for Baby Band. Please contact me at babyband@hotmail.ca if you are interested. Also, feel free to view my products and feedback from customers at www.facebook.com/babyband1 (customer feedback is under the "reviews" tab and customer photos are under the "photos" tab.)

Thanks.
Jadine
Owner of Baby Band
Ontario, Canada

Jenna said...

What a fun trip, glad you had fun! :) Let me know when you want to get together to make those hair clips!