08 July 2011

One proud mommy!

You probably remember me talking about starting potty training way back in October. Umm, yeah, epic fail! We tried that for one day and I quickly decided the boys were NOT ready. We had lots and lots of accidents and zero successes on the potty. So back to diapers it was.

Don't you just love Sarah's expression?

Over the last couple months I have been talking up using the potty. The boys have gotten lots of practice sitting on the potty and what not but I wasn't super serious about it. I've been waiting because I wanted them to be ready this time and I wanted to do it when we had no appointments or plans. Well after weeks of the boys taking off their diapers when they were wet and bringing us a new one to put on them I decided they were ready. Potty training began on Wednesday.


We actually haven't had too many accidents. We have hung out at home or at Mama and Papa's house for the last 3 days. I have learned that my boys have super bladders and can hold it for a long time (like 4-5 hours). I was pretty discouraged yesterday because they just weren't making much progress. That is until last night when I put Eli on the potty and he couldn't hold it any longer and pooped. I was ecstatic! Today it all clicked for Eli. He had one accident this morning and hurried to the potty and finished peeing on the potty. Since then he has been going to his potty whenever he needs to pee and he even pooped on the potty all by himself this evening. I am so proud of him! Noah isn't doing as well but he has been sick with a nasty cold. I took him to the doctor today and she thought he had strep his throat looked so bad. It's just a virus though so hopefully he'll be feeling better soon. He did have a breakthrough tonight though when he got out of the bath to sit on the potty and peed all by himself. I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and I couldn't be happier!


**UPDATE**
Last night I was in bed tossing and turning worrying about potty training and anticipating Sarah waking up to eat. I started to hear Sarah a little before 1 so I got up to get her and I heard Eli start to cry about pee. I went in fully expecting to find he peed in his pull-up and wanted a dry one. To my surprise he woke up because he needed to pee. He walked out to his potty, sat down and peed, asked for some candy (one of the rewards for going potty) and I told him in the morning, and he went back to bed. Today he has continued to use the potty to both pee and poo without me having to ask or remind. What a big boy!

No comments: