22 July 2011

Best of friends


Eli loves gadgets and accessories. He found this hat at Pat and Deb's house and wore it for 2 days straight. He loves playing with flashlights, calculators, cell phones, etc. I have a basket full of gadgets he has brought home from Grandma and Grandpa's house. He still sucks his thumb and prefers his daddy over anyone else. He loves his brother and likes to be with him. He does do things on purpose to make Noah upset, such as kicking over a tower that Noah built. He is usually the one to initiate rough play. He will wrap his arms around Noah and pull him to the ground and they will wrestle around and giggle. He loves to jump and climb, especially on his Grandpa. His favorite place to be is in Grandma and Grandpa's king-size bed (aka. papa be). Only Grandpa is allowed in the room with him and Noah. He keeps everyone else out by locking the door.

Noah is very particular about the way things should be. He has it in his mind that certain things should be a certain way. For instance, with a certain set of sippy cups Noah always gets the blue cup and green lid and Eli gets the orange cup and orange lid. It can't be any other way. He likes to collect things. Today he was playing with a train set. "Playing" mostly consisted of piling all the train pieces on the couch, then moving them to the floor, then the chair. Eli was not allowed to have any. He especially likes to collect/hoard food. He always wants to have the entire box of cereal or the entire bag of gold fish or a whole cinnamon roll even though we all know he won't eat it all. He likes to take care of his baby sister. Whenever he hears her crying he yells, "I coming baby!" and runs to her. He loves to make her smile.

They love playing in their tent from Ikea. We have it set up in their room and they always hide and play in it. The other night they insisted on sleeping in the tent so I tucked them into bed in the tent and that is where they slept. Eli woke up in the middle of the night to go pee. I went into the room with him to tuck him in afterwards. I asked him if he wanted to get in the bed or go back to sleep in the tent and he replied, "Sleep tent." He crawled right back into the tent next to Noah and went back to sleep.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

Such handsome boys. And I LOVE that Noah yells, "I coming baby!" when Sarah cries--that is so adorable!

Aaron said...

I liked your post.

Kristi said...

Your boys are so cute, I love reading your posts because your twins are so close in age to ours and are quite often up to the same things (minus the pink).

Auntie Dar said...

yes kids have their own little worlds ... imaginations and actions. But they still have all the love to give !!

Aunt Angie said...

They look so old where they are in the tent. I can picture them as teenagers suddenly... kinda creepy.

Amber said...

So cute! I love the tent; what a fun thing.