16 July 2011

4th of July

I'm a little behind on blogging. That's probably obvious though since I'm just now putting up pictures from the 4th of July. We went downtown after the boys woke up from their naps to the street festival. They had some fun things to do - petting zoo, little train ride (which Noah hated!), lots of food, music, and water fountains. I'd say the biggest hit again this year was the water fountain.

Instead of going downtown again that night for the fireworks we decided to go to Versailles and watch the fireworks there. We really enjoyed the show and will definitely go again next year. Everyone had their blankets and chairs set up on a big hill and a band was playing at the base of the hill. At dark the band finished playing and the fireworks began. The boys  had so much fun staying up past their bedtime and rolling down the hill. The fireworks woke Sarah up but she didn't seem to mind. She was completely mesmerized the entire show.

I know it's hard to see but this is the boys looking up at the fireworks. They loved the show and yelled "bang" after every firework went off. At the end of the show they kept asking for more.

No comments: