I'm not in any huge rush, but I would like to have the boys potty trained by the end of the summer. I can get them to sit on the potty (as you can see) but neither has actually peed on the potty yet. The day I took the above picture they almost sat on the potties for 2 hours watching Dora the Explorer but still no pee. We just need one success so they can see that is what they are supposed to do. But how the heck do I get them to actually pee while sitting on the potty? Luck?
6 comments:
It may help them to watch their dad demonstrate. Then once they've had a success, give them some kool-aid. This of course will create more need for potty usage. Good luck!
I haven't really read much about potty training, so I am sure i'll be messaging you in a few years to find out what to do... but I've heard to put them on the potty as soon as they wake up, since most of us need to pee when we wake up. and then like every 30 minutes put them on the potty to try. And I agree with the kool-aid. Give them more fluids the first few days so they need to go! And I've heard to best way is to switch to underwear instead of diapers, since it is uncomfortable when they go. And since they are outside so much this might not be too messy for you...
I know nothing about potty training yet, but my friend told me once that her mom potty trained her boys by tossing a froot loop in the toilet and telling them to try to aim for and sink the froot loop. An interesting idea . . . maybe they'd like to pee on a froot loop? ;-)
I failed our first try, so I'm in no position to give advice.Good luck.
Lots and lots of Capri suns seem to do the trick.Also, once Caleb figured out he could aim, he was pretty excited about it. So, the cheerios/fruit loops thing is a good idea.
I pumped Brooklyn full of liquids and set a timer for every 15 minutes to start. After about 2 days of that we went to every 30 minutes, then 45 and after that she was pretty much good. The moore liquids they have the more they'll need to go potty. Just watch them closely. Also, we never asked her if she needed to go in the beginning. That's why we set the timer. She just knew that when it went off it was time to go sit on the potty. If we asked her if she needed to go the first time around with potty training, she would always say no then have an accident like 5 minutes later. Good Luck.
Post a Comment