06 June 2011

Backyard fire pit

We have this random cement slab in our backyard. We aren't 100% sure what it was originally built for but I think we decided it was probably for a large antenna or TV dish. I don't know why it took me 2 years to think of this but I finally figured out what we could do with it. We could put bricks on it and turn it into a fire pit. And that is exactly what we did! We had our first fire in our backyard a week or so ago and the boys loved it.
We roasted hotdogs and marshmallows. Noah was pretty excited about the pickles though.
Aaron used up the rest of the lighter fluid and the boys thought it was so cool when he squirted it on the fire and the fire got bigger.
 
Trying to blow out the fire.
I told Aaron that first thing in the morning the boys would be out playing in the fire pit. That is exactly what happened! Look at those black faces!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: