06 December 2009

An update for update's sake

  • We are all finally healthy for now. This is surprising since everyone we visited in Michigan ended up sick the day we left.
  • I've been doing a lot of thinking lately and have finally decided to apply to nursing school. I was in the nursing program at OU before I transferred to BYU. It was the first big thing that I ever quit and I think it's finally time that I finish what I started. Eastern Kentucky University has an accelerated (16-month) program for 2nd degree students that I plan on applying to. I'm pretty excited but also afraid that I won't get it. Hopefully I'll be able to get a good application together by the deadline in March.
  • Before I finally decided to go back to nursing school, Aaron and I were considering me applying to the PA program at UK. Well it wasn't until after I signed up for the GRE that I decided I would rather do nursing. The GRE has always scared me because I am totally intimidated by standardized tests. I avoided studying as much as possible and didn't really study too much until about 2 days before the test. I took it on Saturday and I was totally freaked out about it. I did way better than I thought I would though so I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now.
  • The boys are seriously so cute right now. They are both walking around like champs...actually Noah is pretty much running and Eli is more waddling (but he's getting better). They are at such a fun age right now and I'm loving it. They have such big personalities for such little people. They are major copy cats and love to just watch and mimic. Sometimes you can get them to do some of the funniest things. Tonight I got Noah to do the cancan. However he was only kicking with his right leg. So he was just walking around the house kicking his right leg out in front of him. It was pretty cute.
  • We are really excited because Aaron's sister, Katie, told us about a research study at the NIH in Washington, DC that Eli qualifies for. I called them up and they are flying us out to DC the first week in January. We'll be there for 5 days with all expenses paid! I can't wait!
  • Aaron only has 2 weeks left of school. He has a ton of work to do though in those 2 weeks. But at least the semester is almost over and we'll finally get a break. We're going to spend the holidays in Washington with his family which we are also really excited about.
  • We finally put up some Christmas decorations tonight and I'm feeling a little more Christmas-y now. After going to a Christmas party last night and fighting with the boys over the Christmas tree we decided it definitely wouldn't be a good idea to put one up this year. So we pulled out our 3 foot tall fake Christmas tree and hung our ornaments on that. Even though its small, it still looks pretty cute and festive. And I don't have to yell at the boys all day long since its up higher than they can reach.
Well that's about all I can think has been happening around here. Here are a few pictures from when we were in Michigan. It was so cold there I bought the boys some warm winter clothes so we took them outside to play.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Haha, you thought it was cold then... we've been in the upper twenties this week!