11 November 2009

Pneumonia

I woke up on Monday to hear Eli coughing. Throughout the day the coughing continued and that evening he developed a fever. I took them both to the pediatrician Tuesday morning and was surprised to find out that my poor little Eli has pneumonia. Usually pneumonia is a complication from a cold or something like that, but he wasn't sick until Monday. The only reason I brought him in was because he had a fever and I'm supposed to get him checked whenever he has a fever because of his kidneys. Needless to say, I was pretty shocked when they said he had pneumonia.
He is doing pretty well considering. Yesterday afternoon I could tell he felt pretty bad because he just wanted to hang out on my lap. He seemed to be doing better after he had dinner and a bath but he woke up in the middle of the night with a fever again and was coughing really bad. This morning he seems to be doing better despite the bad night. His fever is gone for now and he has been crawling around and playing with his brother.
Aaron gave him a blessing before he left for work so I just hope that he continues to feel better. I feel so bad because he always seems to get the worst of it. Sometimes I forget that he is "high risk" because he acts so normal. He has been such a little fighter and has surprised us all with how well his kidney continues to function. From the looks of it, he's just going to continue on fighting and never let any of his illnesses keep him from being a little boy.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Poor Eli! I'm sorry to hear he's sick. I hope he gets over it quickly. Call me if you need anything!