We have had a BUSY weekend. My dad and Brenda came for a visit and arrived Friday afternoon. However, Eli caught the stomach bug on Thursday and started having diarrhea Thursday evening. The diarrhea continued on Friday and we couldn't get him to drink anything. Dehydration is really bad for your kidneys so we were really concerned and ended up spending half of the day Friday in the ER. They ended up giving him a bag of IV fluids and then sending us on our way. We rushed home and changed their clothes to see if we could make it to the ward Trunk or Treat but got there just as the Bishop was pulling out :( Better luck next year I suppose.

That evening I started feeling a little feverish (achy with the chills) but I figured I was just being paranoid. I woke up on Saturday feeling pretty good so I figured it was nothing. Brenda brought the stuff for me to make a clay pot so we did that first thing in the morning. It is very much a homemade pot - you can still see all my finger prints on the inside and the edges are rough. Each piece has a different picture on it (a flower, or a butterfly, or something like that) and we saved room to put the boys feet and hands in it. It should be really cute.

After that we carved a pumpkin while my dad and Aaron installed a pressure reducer under the house. Our water pressure in this house is really high - we've been through 3 hoses so far this summer. The pressure is so high they just can't handle it and explode.
Then Brenda and I started working on the garden (the real reason my dad came to visit). We shoveled and moved as many of the white rocks from the front of the house to the back and then I overturned all the dirt in the front of the house. I started feeling pretty achy but thought it was just all the shoveling.

We then went trick or treating with our 2 little M&Ms. They sure did look cute in their costumes. Once we got home we watched a movie and I finally decided I was sick. I went to bed with a fever and a sore throat and woke up with white spots on my tonsils. I went straight to the clinic Sunday morning and got some antibiotics for my ailment and came home to find Aaron feeling just as bad as me.
Now Dad and Brenda are home (hopefully not sick), I am feeling much better and have continued working in the garden today, Aaron is at school sick with whatever it is I have (minus the medication), and Noah and Eli are as happy as can be.

Phew. I'm sure glad that weekend is over ;)
4 comments:
Yikes! It's always nice when those kind of crazy weekends are over. And poor little Eli. Caleb had to get an IV in his foot at the ER when he had an allergy attack and it took four people to hold him down. I am sure your little boy put up quite the fight, too. Good luck with everyone recovering from whatever you had. Being sick is not fun at all (especially when you have little ones to care for).
Sorry to hear about all the sickness you've all had. You amaze me, because through it all, you've done a ton!
This seems to sum it up pretty good. I like the gardens. I would put the hosta's in the backyard as they will do very good there.
You definitely had an eventful weekend. Man! Glad you are feeling better. Ashley's really glad because if you weren't feeling better she would have starved this morning... :-)
Post a Comment