10 October 2009

My list of Lexington grievances

Aaron and I have now been living in Lexington for a year and a half. For the most part I have liked it but there are just a few things that really irk me.
  • Nicholasville Rd. - I try to avoid it at all costs.
  • Inconsistent street/road names. Why do they have to change at every major intersection?
  • The intersection of Tates Creek Rd. and Redding Rd. (or is it Armstrong Mill? I'm not sure which since the names change!). Too bad I have to go to the Thornton's several times per week.
  • The lack of 7-11. I mean seriously, no Slurpees!?
  • There is only one mall in Lexington and it is off of Nicholasville Rd. (that road is seriously my nemesis).
  • Don't even bother trying to go somewhere on game day...
  • Drivers think that using a turn signal is optional. That is unless they are in a turn lane and you know they are planning on turning.
  • Street parking. Before I got here, parking facing the wrong way on the street was unimaginable. Everyone does it here.
  • Whoever designed parking lots in Lexington was on crack.
  • People in Lexington blatantly ignore all emergency vehicles. You are supposed to slow down and pull to the right people!
  • Super long traffic lights.
  • Why can't anyone in this town make a decent pizza?
That's all I've got for now. I think all but one are driving related. I didn't think it could get any worse than Provo, but the drivers here definitely take the cake.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh yes. I could add to that list. Especially pertaining to traffic.

John and Erin said...

I was reminded of this today...for Pizza you should try PAZZO'S its right on the edge of campus, but they have their own parking lot, so no worrying about parking...as for the other stuff, umm...I guess just look forward to a few years from now, then you can live wherever you want!