10 September 2009

Bourbon

Dad came down this week and we've been having a good time. He was going to help me frame in my flower bed and get it all ready for some plants but it's still a little too hot. He promises to come down again next month so we can do it when it's a little cooler. We haven't been up to much - we have of course already eaten at Cheddar's. We've done some grocery shopping, gone to Sam's Club, and fired up the grill. Today, just for a little fun, we went to the Woodford Reserve Distillery (I wish I would have thought of this when Angie was in town). Kentucky is famous for bourbon distillery's and this one happens to be a National Historic Landmark. It was actually pretty cool - a mix between the old and the new. Most of the buildings are made of limestone and they look so pretty. This is the only (or at least one of the last) distillery that still uses the old copper pot stills. The storage house is full of aging barrels of bourbon - $40 million worth! We had a pretty good time despite the fact that Noah was dying to crawl around and get into everything. Dad isn't a big fan of bourbon but he still drank, more like choked down, his free sample. It is some pretty potent stuff, at least it smelled like it! Aaron is proposing his thesis now as I write this so wish him luck! I know he'll do great!

No comments: