29 August 2009

Tillicum Village & Seattle

Backing up a little bit, our first day in Washington we went to Tillicum Village. We took a ferry over to this island where they have a salmon bake and a Native American show. It was pretty neat. Aaron loved the food, especially since he got to eat my serving of salmon too (I am not a fish person, however I did enjoy the clam soup). When we got back to Seattle we walked down to Pike Place Market. We watched them throw the fish since that is what you do at Pike Place Market (sort of a weird tradition). Then Mike had us walk down to this alley to check out the gum wall. For some reason I was thinking a big wall of gum ball dispensers. Boy was I wrong. This wall in the alley is plastered with old wads of chewed up gum - it is seriously so nasty. You can't end a day in Seattle without eating at Deb's favorite restaurant - The Old Spaghetti Factory. The poor babies were so tired by then. They had such a long night before on the airplane and woke up that morning at 4:30am. Then we had a long day touring Seattle. Just look at how exhausted Eli looks.

No comments: