17 August 2009
Crawl spaces are not fit for animals
A few nights ago Aaron and I were sitting in the living room and I thought I heard scurrying under the house. Aaron didn't hear it so he just shrugged it off as me hearing things. The next night we were laying in bed and without a doubt we both heard it. We went outside to do some investigating but couldn't see anything. Well last night we smelled a skunk so Aaron went out to make sure there wasn't a skunk under the house. He removed the piece of wood that covers the hole to get under the house and immediately saw 2 beady eyes staring back at him. We finally determined that it was a opossum and not a skunk and made a ramp so it could walk out on it's own accord. I thought I would try to get it on video tape and to my surprise, as I was explaining the whole situation, the opossum starts walking up the ramp. I couldn't believe that it was so easy and that it came out with me standing not 10 feet away. I'm sorry about the shaky camera - I really was caught off guard that it was actually coming out and decided to try to back away slowly so that it wouldn't see me and run back under the house. It's pretty big and gross and I really hope there are no babies under the house now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is disgusting!!!! I can't believe you just stayed there! I would have screamed and taken off running!!! Gross.
Wow, that was huge and nasty looking. You are more brave than a lot of women (including me) and congrats on getting it out from under the house!!
That's a pretty big possum, at least for Michigan. And the shaky camera adds the creepy creature effect.
EWWW!!! Those little buggers creep me out!
Post a Comment