Aaron and I were so excited when we got to go away for a little vacation by ourselves. The boys stayed home with Grandma and Grandpa and had a good time.

We had a busy trip. We took the Edmonds-Kingston Ferry across the Puget Sound. Our first stop was in Sequim at a lavender farm. It was so beautiful! As soon as I opened the car door the scent of lavender hit me. It smelled amazing! It was such a relaxing and peaceful place. We snipped our own lavender and continued on our way.
Next stop: Port Angeles. This was a cute little town. We didn't do much here. We walked around a bit and checked out some of the stores. Of course we checked out the Twilight sites. I ended up buying a book from one of the bookstores seen in the movie.
About 20 miles west of Port Angeles off of Highway 101 is Marymere Falls. We went on a short hike through the Olympic Forest to the falls. It was really cool. The trees in Western Washington are huge and there is so much old growth. It just isn't the same in the East.

We then headed to our motel in Forks (that's right Twilight fans, we stayed in Forks). That evening we drove down to Kalaloch Lodge for a nice dinner on the ocean. It was pricey, but the food sure was good. On our way back to the motel we followed a sign to the Big Oak Tree. It really was BIG!
Our last stop of the night was La Push Beach. We tried to make it there for the sunset but missed it by 10 minutes. The beach was beautiful - sandy and full of huge pieces of drift wood. And there were huge rocks jutting out of the ocean.

We didn't see any vampires or werewolves. Aaron and I couldn't help but laugh about all this Twilight craze. Forks and La Push are such little towns but Twilight has really put them on the map. They are really capitalizing on it, too. Everywhere you look in Forks you see Twilight this or Bella that. Then you get into La Push and it's Jacob this and Jacob that. It's pretty funny.
2 comments:
It sounds like you guys had an amazing trip. I can't believe the boys are already a year old! Time is flying by way too fast! I'm excited for the two of you that you had a couple days together, no kids, that's very rare and I'm sure much appreciated. Happy Birthday Noah and Eli!!
Awsome pictures, glad you's got some time alone, are we trying for a girl !!!! Love ya's
Post a Comment