08 April 2009

Developmental check

We had an 8:30 appointment with the NICU Graduate Clinic for Eli this morning that lasted way too long (2 1/2 hours to be exact). After a thorough developmental check, Eli is right where he should be based on his adjusted age (since he was born a month early they consider him to be a month younger). His cognitive and verbal skills are also right on track for his actual age but he is a little behind still physically. But they said I have nothing to worry about and they didn't even give us anything to work on. Yay for no homework! Eli is now weighing in at 17 pounds 1 ounce. I know the appointment was for Eli but I took advantage of having Noah there and got him up on the scale. He is definitely my BIG boy - 20 pounds on the dot! While I'm on the subject of development, Eli officially started rolling over from his belly to his back on Monday (he's a late bloomer). Now I have 2 babies on the move, or should I say on the roll? It's amazing how fast and how far a baby can get just by rolling.

4 comments:

John and Erin said...

Holy 20 pounds!!! Its amazing that 3 pounds can feel so different! Yay for no homework!!!

Anonymous said...

And the crowd roared "We want pictures, we need pictures, Rah, Rah, Rah" Please help out a deprived Grandpa. Good job on the baby raising and kiss those boys for me.
Dad

Auntie Dar said...

Good job Eli!! and Noah!! No need to grow up too soon. Enjoy them while you can. This is the cute age, then they start walking and talking. Oh boy they are innocent until they go to school.

E said...

Isaac only weighs 20 lbs!! THey just get cuter and cuter!