27 April 2009

Aiosa Acres

My dad and I packed up this weekend and went down to Paris, Tennessee to visit my Aunt Vicky and her family. We had a great time and I really enjoyed seeing their new place. They live on 90 acres with a pool, a pond, a creek, lots of horses, a pack of dogs, quite a few cats with 7 new kittens, chickens and ducks including chicks and ducklings, cows, 4 wheelers, and a pre-civil war era house and barn on their property. It's pretty cool. We happened to come down the week of the big Fish Fry - the whole town shuts down for a parade and carnival and lots and lots of fried catfish. On Saturday we went to Lodestar Farms in Buchanan, TN. My Aunt Vicky has been training Clydesdales (Budweiser horses) their for awhile. She let me ride one of the Clydesdales for just a short ride. Let me tell you, those suckers are big! I didn't realize quite how big they were until I was up there and just towered over everyone. She asked me if I wanted to try to trot and I said, "Sure!" I wasn't as excited about it once we actually started trotting - I had no saddle to hold onto and was pretty sure I was going to fall off. We got some pictures of me holding the boys up there. Eli was not happy about it at all and cried the whole time. They seemed to be really interested in the horses though.

2 comments:

Noel Dickens said...

That is really cool! We missed seeing you and the boys this weekend at the day of service, but your Aunt's place sounds so much cooler. Also, the video on crawling was great. Amber and I watched about it 3 times.

John and Erin said...

That pic of them in the pac n play together is hilarious! And Noah's thigh size is quite impressive...