03 March 2009

Laughing, doctors, and thumbs

I've been trying very hard lately to get a video of Eli laughing but I have had no luck. He is just too darn fascinated with the camera. I'll get him laughing and then once the camera is out he looses all interested in what I was doing and focuses on the camera. Sometimes I think he's a little ADD. I did get a good one of Noah laughing today though. We went to the pediatrician on Monday for their 6 month wellness check-up and they are doing great. Noah is in the 95th percentile for height (28 inches) and 75th for weight (18 lbs 10.5 oz) . Eli is in the 75th percentile for height (27.5 inches) and 25th for weight (16 lbs 1 oz). The doctor was actually very impressed with Eli's weight gain since he jumped from the 10th to the 25th percentile. We are pretty sure that Noah has peed on himself and/or the doctor/nurse EVERY time we have taken him to the pediatricians. Eli is officially a thumb sucker. His right thumb must taste like strawberries or something because he sure does love it. If he is ever the slightest bit upset, tired, or hungry his right thumb quickly finds it's way to his mouth. It is a little frustrating because he would much rather suck his thumb than take his bottle. Sometimes I have to trick him into sucking his thumb until he's mostly asleep and then I swap out his thumb for the bottle. But I have to admit, he looks pretty darn cute when he's sucking on his thumb. I risked waking him up to capture this picture.

4 comments:

John and Erin said...

I love that little laugh! They are both too cute! They definitely have me wrapped around their little fingers!

E said...

THat is precious!! I have been neglecting my blogs, so it was good to catch up!

Joy said...

Adorable laugh! It's nice that Eli is a thumb sucker. He can sooth himself. Emily is my first thumb sucker. As soon as she was born, she was sucking her thumb. It's so cute! I recognize it'll be a hard habit to break one day though. I'll enjoy it for now!

John and Erin said...

Ok...I have had to come watch this video like 3 times now just to see their cute faces! I miss them, and you!