
So Aaron and I finally discovered the key to preventing our babies from freaking out all day long...NAPS. We bought this book, "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child," and learned that we have a 1-2 hour window of wakefulness before we need to get the babies to take a nap. This was news to us. We thought they were fine as long as they were awake and not crying. But apparently some babies don't know how to self soothe and therefore won't fall asleep even if they are tired (and in our case overtired). So now we watch the clock pretty close and make sure we soothe the boys asleep when they start showing signs of drowsiness. This has been such a lifesaver and the boys have been doing much more sleeping during the day (they even stay asleep for awhile if we put them down). Apparently, our babies are pretty happy when well rested. If only we would have known all this 2 1/2 months ago...

4 comments:
I'm so glad you got that book! It was a real life-saver for us. We still refer back to it from time to time...so hold on tight to it! And I love the pictures of the boys sleeping in your bed. I have plenty of Bree like that too:)
I love that book, too. It took us a long time to figure sleeping out, but Leah is almost 2 and we still put her down for her morning nap exactly 2 hours after she wakes up. Even if she doesn't seem tired, I'm amazed that she usually goes right down. And she still naps in the afternoon, and for 12 hours every night. I am a schedule nazi, and it's been a lifesaver! Good luck with your new plan!
YAY!!!! You have found a solution!!!! There is hope!!!!!
yay for naps and happy sleeping babies!
Post a Comment