02 November 2008
Good job Eli!
So I took Eli to UK Childrens' Hospital again on Friday to have more blood drawn to check his potassium again. They first tried to get the blood out of a vein in his wrist but eventually gave up on that after poking and prodding around with the needle for a couple of minutes (that was hard to watch as he screamed his little head off). They ended up drawing from a scalp vein which they got on the first try (I told them they should do a scalp vein to begin with but they never listen). As I was talking with the woman that was taking his blood, she realized that he was the baby that used to be in nursery 7. She got so excited and had to get a better look at him - she was amazed at how good he looked and called him a miracle baby. While we were getting ready to leave the hospital, his renal doc showed up and said she wanted us to stay for an EKG (high potassium negatively affects the heart) just to be on the safe side. While we were having that done, the labs came back and his potassium was normal. Woo hoo! This means that all of the levels they check for his kidneys are normal. Now we don't have to go back to the renal doctor for 6 weeks.
After doing all the lab work, we had to run over to the clinic for another pediatricians appointment. We've been noticing that he makes a funny wheezing sound and I just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything serious. Both the resident and the attending physician said that his lungs sound clear and it's probably just from his reflux - another relief. Also, he gained 7 ounces since the last time he went to the pediatricians just a week earlier! We are so glad that he is doing so well. He truly is a miracle baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wonderful news! Your little boys are such fighters, and they do it all with such adorable expressions! I love the pics of them smiling! How's the sleeping in their own beds working out? I hope they've adapted and you all can get some rest.
I have missed seeing them this week!!! I am sure they have grown so much! I must make time to come and squeeze their little cheeks!!!!
What cute little pumpkins!! And I'm so glad that you guys got more good news this week!
Post a Comment