30 June 2013

Pez!

I was pretty excited when we found out the Pez Factory is just a couple towns over. I was even more excited when I realized it was fairly inexpensive to go check it out. We went this week and had a good time. You can't tour the factory since they actually make the candy there (sanitary reasons) but they have windows so you can view the production line. The visitors center was full of Pez candy history (originated in Austria as a mint) and dispensers from every decade. It was pretty neat looking at all the unique Pez dispensers and how they have changed over the years.

I loved these little sets. They would make such a cute little gift for a fan. Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and Snow White. They also had U.S. Presidents sets and several others that I can't remember.
This motorcycle is hanging from the ceiling right when you walk in the door. There are also 2 walls of Pez dispensers on display just in the foyer.
They each picked out their own dispenser. Sarah got Minnie Mouse and the boys picked Jack Sparrow (they had just watched Pirates of the Caribbean the night before).
The boys stared at these space gun Pez dispensers for a good 5 minutes. They were in love!

No comments: