After over 2 years of the boys attending speech therapy at UK, they had their final session on Tuesday. It was exciting and sad at the same time. Noah asked me on the way to speech, "Why is it our last time going to speech?" I told him it's because he doesn't really need it anymore and because we will be moving soon. He then told me, "I will miss them." Eli then asked me if Meg and Ellen would be visiting us at our new home. So sad! I've loved the service we have gotten at UK and have absolutely loved their speech therapists. Meg was just what Noah needed - energetic and firm. Eli and Ellen clicked too and he had so much fun going to play with her every week.
Noah fishing for 'L' words. His speech therapist is Meg on the right and the girl on the floor is a student.
Here's a video of Noah at speech. Turn up the volume because I was filming it through a window. He is fishing for "L's." He starts out saying "elephant" and then catches a lemon. He has to say the word in a sentence 5 times so he is saying, "I see lemon." He then says, "I like lemon-aid," with perfect "l" sounds!
Eli sat at this table every session and would use the mirror to help him see how to produce different sounds. He and Ellen are playing with a Mr. Potato Head and working on the 'sh' sound. Eli brought those flowers for Ellen along with a thank you card and a gift card to Starbucks.
Sarah and I usually sat and waited in the lobby. There is a viewing room where you can sit and watch the session as well as listened through head phones. It's a little difficult with Sarah though because she's so loud the boys can hear her. It's a one way mirror so they can't see us even though they can hear her.
No comments:
Post a Comment