12 May 2013

(Almost) Dr. Duke

I'm so proud and excited to say that Aaron defended and passed his dissertation on Friday. It has been a long 5 years at UK and an especially long year while he wrote his dissertation. He has spent hours upon hours in his little office at his parent's house stuck in front of his computer crunching numbers and analyzing data. And I have spent day after day and many nights alone at home with the kids. It has been a strange feeling having Aaron around for the past few days and I'm started to really like it. He's actually been able to spend time with us. I mean truly spend time with us. For the past few years, and especially this last year, he might be with us but his mind is always on the list of things he needs to do. He has worked so hard and I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I say he's almost Dr. Duke because he technically needs to finish his year internship before he gets his degree. But in almost all other programs, you are considered a doctor once you defend and pass your dissertation and have completed your coursework (which he has done!).

Aaron and his mom. We couldn't have gotten through all this school without her. She truly is a lifesaver!
He wanted to go out to celebrate at PF Changs. We told Eli we were going to Chinese and he exclaimed, "I love Chinese!"
We thought this fortune was pretty spot on! 

No comments: