I've been busy this weekend. On Wednesday I started sewing a quilt for the boys. I had them help me pick out some fabric online. Eli picked a pirate bundle and Noah picked spiders (both bundles came from the Fat Quarter Shop). I found a tutorial for a paper string quilt that looked fun and simple so that is what I did. It actually was really easy and quick to make and, surprisingly, really fun. What I love about it is that it is perfectly imperfect. The seams don't have to match up (what I hate most about putting quilts together) so it goes together really quick and easy. Tonight I finished sewing all the blocks together. I just have to get some fabric to put on a border or 2 and for a backing.
After deciding to make them a new quilt for their bed, I decided their room was looking a bit too babyish. Also, the yellow color on the wall would probably be a bit much with such a colorful quilt. So today I painted their room. It is a light gray (neutral) color. One wall has horizontal stripes that are dark gray and light gray. I used Frog Tape to do my stripes and I was not very impressed. I thought it was supposed to be super sticky and the best tape for making sharp edges but it started to unstick as we were painting and therefore I have some drips. I guess I'll be doing some touch-up tomorrow before I put everything away. I really like it though and think it will look so cute with the quilt I made.
Do you like it?
3 comments:
I LOVE the quilt! Way to go Amanda! I also love the paint. The stipes are really cute!
Wow, you HAVE been busy! Great job on the quilt, I love it. And those stripes are so fun! I've always wished we could paint our walls, I'd do some stripes too! :)
I love that they share a bed. It's too cute! Good job on the quilt. It looks amazing!!
Post a Comment