10 November 2011

Pixie


I set a goal this year to cut my hair short. I've always wanted to get a pixie, but I always chicken out and go with a bob. Well it's November so my time was running out. I started watching that show Once Upon a Time and the character that plays Snow White motivated me to finally take the plunge. I think she is adorable.

My friend Tressa squeezed me in Tuesday night so I could get it cut before changing my mind. I have always wanted to donate my hair but have never been brave enough to cut off enough for a donation. Unfortunately, most places won't accept hair that has been dyed or bleached. A few months ago I got highlights and some red put in my hair so I thought I wouldn't be able to donate it, which was a major bummer. My sister-in-law gave me a brilliant idea to just donate the underneath part of my hair that doesn't have any color in it. So that is exactly what I did. We divided my hair unto two parts and Tressa cut out a big pony tail from the bottom part of my hair.

I'd say it's about 10 1/2 inches when straightened. Tressa cut off an even bigger pony tail that went straight into the trash can since it had been dyed.

I was super nervous as it all came off. Deb just sat there watching with a goofy smile on her face which made me even more nervous. I was pretty skeptical at first while it was still wet and unstyled. But when it was finally done, it actually looked pretty cute. Aaron just keeps telling me how much he likes it. He seriously says it almost every time he sees me. I don't know if it will stay short forever, but it's definitely fun and sassy for now and I like it!



How about you? Do you like it?

7 comments:

Auntie Dar said...

Yes !! It is very sassy and you have the eyes and smile (like your mama) It seems you always post something after I look in the morning ... it helps you post it on FB now too !! Hoping everybody is finally healthy for a while. Give the boys and Sarah (and Aaron) a big hug .... Love ya

Bea said...

i think it looks so cute!!!! i like it better than your long hair:)

joannae said...

I love it, Amanda! Short hair is so much fun, and seeing how great yours looks makes me eager to cut mine. (I'm letting grow loooong and I'll donate it whenever I get tired of tangles.) Which charity did you choose, and why? (I haven't chosen one yet.)

Jenna said...

Yes, you look so great! And how brave of you!!! I'd never have the guts. Also, Josh and I watch Once Upon a Time too and I love that show. :)

angie said...

I am pretty brilliant, aren't I?
;)
It is so cute... I am excited to donate mine now!

Unknown said...

I LOVE it! You look great! It is so perfect on you.

Amber said...

I love it!!!! You look fabulous!