06 May 2011

A garden for Mother's Day

This is what the front of Pat and Deb's house has looked like for most of the time they have lived here (sorry this is the only picture I found of the front of their house). When you walk up the steps to the front door there is a garden area right next to the house. When they bought the house it was full of rocks and hostas and tons of weeds. Last year Deb pulled out all the weeds and removed all the rocks but since then it has just been dirt. We tried to plant some tulip bulbs but the ground was so dry and hard we couldn't dig a hole deeper than an inch. So it has basically just been plain and ugly.

That is until now. For Mother's Day we all went to Lowe's (minus Deb) and bought everything we would need to build her a beautiful garden. When she got home from work yesterday Aaron was busy building the walls of the flower bed. And today when she gets home she will discover that I planted all the flowers and Pat and Aaron cleaned up all the garbage in the front yard and along the side of the house. It looks great!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I just had to comment, I've known Deb for a long time (from Everett) and think she is one of the best people out there. I'm so glad you did something nice for her, the flower bed looks great!

auntie Dar said...

Looks very nice ! I hope you used your military discount at Lowes. My lowes has a lot of clearance items early or late in the day.