18 May 2011

Gak!

I'm a lazy mom. Most days are spent just hanging around the house. The boys generally run amok, destroying most everything in their path. To prevent said damage I generally try to sedate them with Go Diego Go or whatever else I can find on Netflix that I haven't seen 10,000 times. When we do get out of the house it's usually to go to the YMCA so I can workout and shower while the boys play at the Kids Corner. Sometimes I brave the mall so they can play at the little kid area or Chick-fil-a since they have a play place.
This morning I was feeling energetic and we made Gak. You remember that stuff from Nickelodeon right? It was oh so slimey and ooey and gooey and sticky and the boys LOVED it.

After getting that cleaned up I figured we'd go ahead and make some playdough. This was also a huge hit and definitely less messy!

So now I have a question for all you stay-at-home mommies. What are some fun things you like to do to entertain the kiddos during the day? I need ideas of things that are not too messy and won't get too out of control since I'm working with 2 two year-old boys.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Auntie DAr said...

Well in the winter it was boxes .. the big frig kind and we decorated with school stuff, and put sheets up like tents and played lego's and slid down the stairs. The summer was the sand box, the pool and the tunnel thing. I feel for ya tho ... I remember days like that. But wouldn't trade them ... I miss those days. I know it's hard now. Love you's

lswion said...

Aquadoodle. http://www.aquadoodle.com/
Completely hassle free.

Tyler and JoAnna Hamilton said...

you are a brave woman.........