13 December 2010

Santa Claus is coming to town...

Eli on the old rocking horse.

We set out on Saturday to get into the Christmas spirit. First on our list, visiting Santa at Sam's Club. It was a good idea until we got there over an hour before Santa was scheduled to arrive. So we set out for the next item on our list: a Christmas tree. We headed down the road to a nearby nursery to pick out a tree. I picked out one that was labeled "spaced branching, perfect for decorating" because it was discounted. While I went inside to pay the boys were surprised by a visit from Santa himself! Luckily Grandma brought her camera but unfortunately the boys were not very interested in getting anywhere near Santa.

Their first encounter with Santa - I think Eli might actually be smiling here. 

 Noah looks pretty skeptical of the big red man.

 Somehow they managed to get Noah on Santa's lap. It didn't last long.

When I finally came out (after drinking some delicious, free hot cider) Santa was out front waiting in a sleigh being pulled by his horse Abby. We were pretty excited when Santa told us to hop on in for a ride. Needless to say, we were more than happy with our visit with Santa this year and will definitely go back next year for some free cider and a sleigh ride with Santa.





They loved the sleigh ride as long as they could maintain a distance from Santa. We did convince them to give him a high five before we left.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Fun! What a great family outing! I haven't tried taking Greg to see Santa yet. I'm not quite sure how it will turn out.