I know this video is really dark so I'll explain it a bit so you can understand what you are watching. Today when I put the boys in their room for their nap, I went in to check on them because Noah was crying. When I got in there I was surprised to find Noah on the top bunk. The ladder isn't attached to the bed so I wasn't really sure how he had managed to climb up there. I took that as a sign that I needed to lay down with them and got them to fall asleep. I took a nap in the meantime and laid on the couch for awhile after I heard them wake up since they were happily playing. Then I started hearing noises that sounded eerily familiar to the ceiling fan pulls clanging against each other. Sure enough that is what I heard. But this time both of the boys were on the top bunk (with no clothes on to top it off). So tonight before we put them to bed we had them show us how they were climbing to the top. Noah seriously scaled the back of the bunk bed in less than 5 seconds, using mostly upper body strength to grip the slats and pull himself up. Eli was not far behind. We had to get it on video but unfortunately the light in their bedroom is dead and we didn't have a replacement bulb that would fit. If you watch closely though you should be able to see them pull themselves up the back of the bunk bed and then flip over the top.
We ended up just taking the top bunk off and putting it on the ground. That's when I realized that they would probably be able to climb from the bed to the top of the dresser. Sure enough they got on top of the dresser (it's probably 5 drawers tall) and were trying to climb on to the shelf above the dresser, which is about 6 feet off the ground. Unfortunately a piggy bank lost an ear in the process. Now I am totally freaking out about how I am going to make the room safe again so that the boys can be locked in their room when I desperately need some me time. What is a mom to do?
No comments:
Post a Comment