05 May 2009

A bathroom, a birthday, a kidney update, and some baby pictures

Things have been pretty busy here. My dad came to help us with what we thought would be a simple bathroom fixer-upper. It has turned into a complete remodel. Everything is completely ripped out down to the studs and joist. He has redone all the plumming in the house. Aaron helped him get all the old galvanized pipes out of the house which was a major undertaking. Lets just say I think he's getting pretty worn out. Saturday was my birthday. It was good. I went out shopping with Erin in the afternoon and got all the linens for the bathroom. Then we all went out to dinner at Max and Erma's. Erin and John got me a really cute purse that will fit just the necessities. They also got me some mixing spoons and spatulas since I didn't have any. My dad let me go out and get a food processor. I've been making all my own baby food with it which I actually find somewhat therapeutic. Aaron let me buy myself some summer clothes that fit my post-baby body and also said I can go out and get a massage. After dinner my dad stayed home and babysat and we went bowling with the Carlsons. All in all it was a good birthday, I just wish my mom could have been there too. Eli had a bunch of doctors' appointments last week. He had an echocardiogram which was good. He also had another ultrasound of his kidneys which showed that his right kidney has not grown but his left is growing. The kidney doctor said that she is amazed at the progress he has made and that she never expected him to be doing so good. This doesn't mean we don't have to worry about him though. Although his left kidney is growing, it is not completely normal. The healthy tissue in that kidney has been doing it's job for now but it is very likely that one day it will not be able to keep up with the demands of his growing body. And now what you all have been waiting for - pictures of Noah and Eli! They have both finally gotten their first tooth. Noah actually has 2 on the bottom and Eli has 1 on the bottom. They are just so stinkin' cute!

7 comments:

Joy said...

You are so busy! I don't know how you find the time to do all that you're doing! Sounds like you had a great birthday! Cute boys!

John and Erin said...

Look at that perfect bowling form...impressive...

Auntie Dar said...

Hoooray their first tooth. What big boys, can't wait to see them.
Well at least we don't have major house projects like that, just a huge tree 1/2 taken down, a water softner, Joe put in a overhead microwave, ceiling fans, fixed a pipe, major rotted wood on a deck ledge, once the tree is down a new fence for Max and Amiga (future grandkids) Tell dad we miss him. Did you get your card? Auntie Dar

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday, Amanda! You guys look like you're doing great!

Amber said...

I also noticed the superb bowling form. Happy birthday!

LORI said...

Happy Birthday Kid!!!
I was beginning to wonder when new pictures of the boys would be posted since grampa's there and not being deprived(HEEHEE)They are just the sweetest things going on! And nope I cant tell em apart.
My heart and prayers are with you in this year of "first's" with the boys and without your mom...My the good Lord keep you strong,Bless you and your family.
Love Lori

Ben said...

Amanda,
Your boys are so cute. I'll be excited to see pictures of the bathroom when it's done. Also, I'm surprised that you had to buy post baby clothes because you look really fit in your pictures. It doesn't even look like you had twins.