I have sort of let myself forget about this blog for awhile. It sort of seems superfluous since everything I post here usually would be posted to Facebook first. But as of last week I am no longer on Facebook. It just became this thing that I used to avoid responsibilities - avoid doing the dishes, avoid doing laundry, avoid requests from the kids. I have officially been gone from Facebook for a week and have had a lot more time and a much cleaner house! And maybe I'll actually be better about taking pictures and updating our blog since there won't be another way to share pictures with the family.
For the end of the school year I decided to order a butterfly kit. The kit came with 5 caterpillars in a cup with all the food they needed in the bottom of the cup. We watched them grow each day (they started out so small and ended up huge in comparison) until they finally made their way to the top of the cup to form their chrysalises. We then moved them into the butterfly habitat and waited another week until one morning we woke up and saw a butterfly. They always came out of their chrysalises while we were sleeping or not home so we always missed it. The last one literally came out of it's chrysalis between commercial breaks. I looked at it as I walked into the kitchen and nothing and then 10 minutes later I came back into the kitchen and there was a butterfly! We released them on Saturday.
The boys went to a Lego Ninjago themed birthday party on Friday so they were all about the ninja poses on Saturday. Sarah went to her first friend birthday party last week. It felt like such a milestone walking her over to her friend's house with present in hand and dropping her off to have fun with her friends. They are all just getting so big!
3 comments:
Great post and very informative.
they are so silly!
Nice post :)
I officially left facebook too- around the same time as you. Too funny. I agree, it was a definite time waster- and I just couldn't take the crappy drama either.
I bought a butterfly cage years ago, but this year we finally got some caterpillars. The kids had so much fun watching them and want to do it again next year.
Post a Comment