05 April 2013

Easter weekend

My dad had some time off for Easter so he made the trip down here for a visit. Per the usual, we were all sick while he was here. I took Eli to the doctor on Monday since my dad was coming that weekend and got him started on a zpack. He was mostly better by the time my dad got here but as soon as the antibiotics were gone his cough started getting worse and he would get a low grade fever in the evenings. Noah and Sarah of course caught it and were coughing and sniffling all weekend and by the end of the weekend I was just as sick as the rest of them. I brought them all in to the doctor the Monday after Easter (the day my dad went home) and Eli had pneumonia and Noah and Sarah both had ear infections.
The sickness didn't stop us from having fun. The kids were actually feeling pretty good most of the weekend. On Friday we dyed Easter eggs. Saturday we went and hiked Natural Bridge. We hadn't been to Natural Bridge yet and since we'll be moving soon we decided it needed to be done. It was a lot of fun. Sarah hiked most of the way by herself and insisted on dragging her blanket with her. We ended up shoving it down her jacket and doing all sorts of silly things with it to prevent her from dragging it through the dirt and tripping on it. We didn't really notice Eli was that sick until we started to hike which made him start to cough. He rode on Aaron's shoulders most of the way up. We were all pretty tired by the time we made it up, but we all made it! Noah insisted on beating everyone down so I ran with him all the way down the hill/mountain (It all depends on where you are from. To me it's a mountain. Aaron says the mountains out here are hills compared to Washington.).
Easter Sunday we stayed home since everyone was sick. The Easter bunny brought the kids some fun stuff and yummy treats. We had dinner at Pat and Deb's house. Before bed we watched a video on the Resurrection and read the story in the Bible. Noah said the prayer and I was such a proud mommy as he said it all on his own and thanked Heavenly Father for Easter and for Jesus and that he is alive and that they could have fun with the Easter bunny. I'm glad that he was first thankful for Jesus. It means he understands that the true meaning of Easter is about Jesus, not the Easter bunny.
I'm happy to report that we are all almost back to 100%. The kids and I are feeling much better. Aaron was the last to catch the illness so he's pretty miserable still but he finally started a zpack today so he's on the road to recovery.

1 comment:

Aunt Angie said...

Nice Pictures!
I see in one pic, Eli has the fan Kenny picked out for him :) Kenny knows what his cousins like I guess.

And your hair looks really cute right now.