16 July 2012

The Bluegrass Fair

On Saturday night Deb and I took the kids to the Bluegrass Fair at Masterson Station Park. Before we left I explained that we were going to go to a fair and that there would be lots of yummy treats and rides and games. Noah's response was that he didn't want to go. I then took them to the computer and showed them pictures of carnival rides. I then asked them again if they wanted to go and I got a universal, "Yes!"

Waiting in line for their first ride. They were a little apprehensive; as you can see Eli is sucking his thumb. They were excited to ride on the blue car but the little brats in front of them heard them say they wanted to ride in the blue car so they ran as fast as they could and each of them took a blue car. I know the girl did it just because we talked about the blue cars because on the next ride she jumped in the glittery pink one!
 So they ended up in the Bud King of Beers car. Seriously? It's a kids' ride folks!
 They were all smiles as soon as the ride started. They loved it.
 "Put me down, Grandma! I need to ride too!"
 A little nervous again waiting in line for the kiddie roller coaster.
 They got the front seat and of course they loved it. I loved seeing the looks of terror and pure joy on their faces all at the same time. They hung on for dear life and Eli said afterwards that he held so tight that he hurt his arm, but he liked it.
 Sticky hands! We just ate a funnel cake. mmmm!
 "Seriously, Grandma, let me go. I need to get on that ride!"
 This was probably their favorite. They went on it 3 times in a row. There was a maze in the beginning and it ended with a slide.

Noah has been asking me now for 2 days to take him back to the fair. Good thing we'll be going to the Twins Days Festival in Twinsburg, Ohio in a few weeks. It should be a blast!

Side note: Can you believe I deleted all these pictures from Deb's SD card before saving them to the computer!? I was devastated to the point of tears. Aaron to the rescue! He successfully recovered every single lost photo. What a man!

No comments: