Sarah and Mommy. She loved the food too :)
The lights were very dim so you could enjoy all the sparkly lights and glowing spheres they had decorating the room. It really did look beautiful.
After our meal we headed back upstairs and walked around the huge schoolhouse full of antiques. This place was packed full of room after room of antiques. I don't think I saw anything under $100. Deb liked one piece of furniture and then looked at the price tag - $14,000! We had to get out of there since Sarah was getting restless and wanting to grab everything. I'm pretty sure they aren't too fond of babies and children since there is a huge sign on the door stating: No Strollers, No Baby Carriers, No Diaper Bags. There were other forbidden items on the list but I noticed a theme!
She was asleep about 2 seconds after getting in the car. I love those pouty lips!
On our way home we stopped by Deb's boss' house because she was having a moving sale. She too collects antiques and she was selling off a lot of her furniture since she is seriously downsizing. We scored some amazing deals at her house, including an antique chair that belonged to her husband's grandfather, a wicker rocking chair and table, a wicker plant stand, a side table, an antique quilt top, and many other things that I can't think of at the moment. I'm pretty stoked about the quilt top that she gave me for free. I am also pretty excited about the antique chair - it was in his grandfather's grocery store and he said he sat in it every night to do the books.
My front porch received many of the items and looks so country chic now. I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment