20 May 2012

Roofing Extravaganza

After 3 years of this hanging over our heads (quite literally), we finally got around to redoing our roof. We started on Friday and finished Saturday around 6pm. I began announcing it at church a couple weeks ago and just hoped and prayed people would show up to help. We were pretty discouraged on Friday when it was just me and Aaron up on the roof ripping off the old roof. My hands and shoulders were so sore but I felt pretty proud when I realized how much work we had done by ourselves. It was pretty hot all weekend (mid to upper 80s I think) and sunny so it was really hard being up there on the roof during the heat of the day. I sent out one last plea for help Friday evening and it payed off!


We were up bright and early Saturday morning and on the roof by 7am. Our home teacher was the first person to show up at about 7:15 and he didn't head home until after 2pm. We had lots of help throughout the day and some folks that were there until the bitter end helping clean up the yard. We are so grateful for everyone that showed up and worked their tails off! It was especially nice to have a couple of men up there that either did roofing in high school or do home reconstruction for a living so they knew what they were doing. It looks amazing and our house has stayed considerably cooler today. The old roof did not have any vents in it so our attic was always super hot which made our house hotter. I'm just really glad it is done and that we had help and that it looks great!


No comments: